Those loveable chain of pearls!
Saw a couple sitting on the road side
On their way to pilgrimage towards the temple.
With a small baby playing in their arms.
A person selling an artificial pearls of
chains went passing by....
The husband just counted the
Few coins he was left with.
He bought the chain with few coins.
So delighted he was when he
Put the necklace around his beloved's neck.
One can definitely see the love in his eyes for his beloved,
She was looking lovely shy too.
Cost of pearls didn't matter,
But with the love he brought her mattered much.
This necklace may be worth of few pennies.
But this was the priceless movement
which made the necklace priceless.
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Of course many years back.
Comments about this poem (Those loveable chain of pearls! by Geetha Jayakumar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Last Journey, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Cat Nap..., Denis Martindale
- Blasphemy Is Light Which Beacons The Pat.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Tall One, tallulah montegue
- to be continued..., Mandolyn ...
- A song of a real dream!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Face in the Passing Train, David Lewis Paget
- Awareness of the Truth (Section 36 of Th.., rajendran muthiah
- The Poetic Art & Craft of O.N.Gupta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- WISDOM, LOVE & TRUST, Tom Zart