What is time?
The tango of two some or three some on your wrist?
Or the shadows that change on the silicon chip?
How much can you split it?
Hours to Minutes to Seconds to Nanoseconds to my ignorance and that is bliss.
It began when the universe begun.
They say. The mathematicians.
The bean counters of God.
Time is when my lust was born.
Pure Animal lust.
Lust in its flesh.
Lust as in lust.
Lust for your soul.
Only for your soul.
Your body was a wrapper, I had to admire it.
I had to look at the ribbons.
I had to tug at the strings.
Sacrilege, haven't you read William Wordsworth!
Child is the father of the man!
Haven't you read William Shakespeare! Hamlet, a play, not foreplay my love.
Frailty thy name is woman!
Time was born of me, for your fleshy raspberry soul.
Born of my Devine lust of you.
It stood still.
It stands still.
It will continue to stand still, for ever, timeless.
No definitions will suffice.
Science fails, when poetry triumphs.
Just as confidence emerges when all desert.
Flesh rots when lust of the soul revels.
You made me cheat time.
You made me cheat mortality.
You taught me to cheat defy and yet honour god.
Alas you don't have time.
Does it matter when you choose to not exist?
And tick away like time on your wrist?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Time by Hardik Vaidya )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- OUR REAL REALITY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Love Strippers, Barry Jablonski
- As you sow, so, you reap, Aftab Alam
- 1 Soul + Another =____?, LUVinThe NOW
- Rise of the Fallen, Maverick Jones
- your memory barks in my old blue trunk, Mandolyn Davidson
- i run with an ax, Mandolyn Davidson
- i smile because it makes you look good, Mandolyn Davidson
- Today Is Today, Margaret Moran
- Inclusiveness of Religions-A Ramzan Thou.., Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran