Truth is Never Defeated
There is one thing that always haunted me
Through my perception I clearly can see
The greatest victory of ours to defeat truth
And Lo! Truth is never, never, ever defeated,
Love the truth is also defeated by lusty-crusty
Either by men or women with the words rusty
Love you-love you, so much O darling hefty lefty
When time flew, they blew, the filthy dusty
Formal love and laugh and smile flying high
Relation for name and fame is future sigh
Holy imitation by the evil attitude, nude
Society hugged and lust tugged, life so rude
Gratitude to self judgment, a victory fetched.
Monotonous aimless vagabond of the thatched
Roof is far better than the blind victor of palace.
Evil always tortured me, O my ugly lovely solace.
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Truth is Never Defeated by Aftab Alam )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- KEEP AWAY FROM MY BRIMMING BOWL, Om Chawla
- I Seen, Jose Torres Junior
- I Seen..., Jose Torres Junior
- Duet, John deVries
- Chuh, John deVries
- Blurry, Jose Armando Guzman
- Salome (Rubiyat sonnet), Gert Strydom
- See everything pure, gajanan mishra
- When I hold you tightly against me, Gert Strydom
- the gramophone record, Somanathan Iyer