When I see you moon,
A blessing and a boon,
Reflecting light of the sun,
With your showering gun!
Being filtered and transformed,
What a job you performed!
I wonder on filtrates,
I salute to your dates,
When you are in your teens,
Your writ like the deans!
How neat and clean!
Like a girl of sixteen.
You made me lit,
How pleasant is it!
How romantic is now night!
It's magic of moon light!
Where devils have gone?
Where evils have gone?
Oh! Moon your sacrifice,
How kind and nice!
How you manage this magic?
Making heart so static,
And the thoughts that in,
Are free from the sin!
In her eyes my face,
With glace and grace,
Its image was so nice,
I saw twice or thrice.
Then I asked sweet heart,
I wonder on your art,
It has made me what,
That at all I am not.
How it happened so quick!
In the twinkling of your eyes,
From a ditch I arose,
And touched the skies!
She smiled and replied
It's love that makes,
It removes the dirt,
And flaws and fakes.
I keep all of that,
And reflect your charms,
Because I love,
To remain into arms!
Oh! Moon, I now know,
You are in love,
Would have kissed you dear,
Could fly like a dove!
Akhtar Jawad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Two Moons by Akhtar Jawad )
Did you read them?
- Eyes they see, Diplove gautam
- Inconstancy in love, Robert Burns
- On Elphinstone's Translation of Martial'.., Robert Burns
- Indigenous architecture., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Jos Master, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Open the door to me, oh, Robert Burns
- Ballad on Mr. Heron's Election—No. 4, Robert Burns
- Poem on Sensibility, Robert Burns
- Epigram—The True Loyal Natives, Robert Burns
- Epitaph on John Dove, Innkeeper, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)