Vasant Panchami - Onset Of Spring
I was born on 26th of December,
I will Die for certain that's a no brainer.
The Muncipality will issue a death certificate is also a given,
And the date will be between January and December, if you give your kind permission.
My family gets delighted, at the Gujarati new year.
They get almost mad and crazy on the day some where at the end of the year.
I have never understood this mass hysteria,
When all their birth, death, marriage certificates bear dates dissimilar.
Yet they are in blind love, lust perhaps is more familiar,
They think they are keepers of culture, on the verge to disappear,
I am blasphemous, to me it seems they made love to a hooker,
Just left cash on her dresser.
I am happy being a idiot, may my ilk die without progeny,
Sperms are not the only vehicles of humanity.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Vasant Panchami - Onset Of Spring by Hardik Vaidya )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 March 1941 -)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- PARUI POLICE BRUTALITY, Bireswar Halder
- Sacred Kailas, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- VIRTUAL POET FRIENDS, Philo Yan
- The Imponderable, Sandra Feldman
- Arousal Of Energy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Being Welcomed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Appreciating Cultures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What A Blessing, Shalom Freedman
- Within India's Veins, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- mountains- My fantasy world, tulip mayer