Vasant Panchami - Onset Of Spring
I was born on 26th of December,
I will Die for certain that's a no brainer.
The Muncipality will issue a death certificate is also a given,
And the date will be between January and December, if you give your kind permission.
My family gets delighted, at the Gujarati new year.
They get almost mad and crazy on the day some where at the end of the year.
I have never understood this mass hysteria,
When all their birth, death, marriage certificates bear dates dissimilar.
Yet they are in blind love, lust perhaps is more familiar,
They think they are keepers of culture, on the verge to disappear,
I am blasphemous, to me it seems they made love to a hooker,
Just left cash on her dresser.
I am happy being a idiot, may my ilk die without progeny,
Sperms are not the only vehicles of humanity.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Vasant Panchami - Onset Of Spring by Hardik Vaidya )
- The Indefinable, Sandra Feldman
- Nothing But A Sweet Sensation, Ronell Warren Alman
- Night Walkers, Olufayo Ezekiel
- Sonnet: Life Looks Strange, Dr John Celes
- The Real Me, Margaret Alice Second
- kiss me hardy, george albot
- When Will I Wake, Anirudh Rawat
- Silencio en ingles, Donnie Wolff
- Our Lewd Obscene and Vulgar Episodes, Hamid Vitalis
- Life, Anirudh Rawat
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)