Agnello DSouza Poems
- The President Elect Am a proud American for sure We got the ...
- Viewing Women The American Way Someone once famously said, ...
- New Year Resolution To learn and appreciate Jazz music. To ...
- Gulf News Waking up to the beep of my mobile alarm, I see ...
- The Village I wake up early to the cawing of crows, to ...
- Civilization Oh Jericho you started it all, Mesopotamia to ...
Nothing impressive but ' miles to go before I sleep..' more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Agnello DSouza
I wake up early to the cawing of crows,
to watch the river, and the fishing dhows.
The aroma of coffee filters through,
of idli and sambar too.
After breakfast I take a walk
to the temple, where I make a halt,
To thank God and salute the deity
for the village, its sights, sounds and beauty.
The farmer, he herds his buffaloes
to plough the field and sow the seeds;
The shepherd, he takes his sheep
to the pastures where grass grows deep.
The school children, they hustle by,
skipping and hooting at the passers-by.
'Ahoy'! I shout at ...