Aisle Walton Poems
- Ode To A Crumpet Crunchy-soft and crinkled to your core of ...
- Tanka (No-Mind) Higher consciousness No thought, no wish or ...
- Pub Lunch It was all a bit of a cliché really, the grassy ...
- These Men These men, these creatures stretched on sapien ...
- Three Urban Haiku I. snuggled in bed through orange lit ...
- Tanka (Out Of One Form) Out of one form two Upper phrase and...
- Senryu For A Broken Poem Poem a broken poem the pieces of ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Aisle Walton
Ode To A Crumpet
Crunchy-soft and crinkled to your core
of cramped, cream-salted, butter-melted sating:
you comfort with your crenellated smile
as, cradled in the toaster, still awaiting
full maturity of style,
you get a bit browner than before.
Your surface is a mottled, pockmarked thing,
but then again it’s easy to spot holes
when actually these perforations make you
what you are, whilst things beyond control
are best forgotten. Instead, let’s take two
seconds, or two verses worth, remembering
that a Crumpet’s right is to a happy ending.