Alan Reed Poems
- White Gold - Kenya 1996 I stood there half broken and sated ...
- Frayed Plume she got on about three stops after I did I was...
- Sun Spots Two hearts but only one hand smiling and making ...
- Harmony If I were to go around the world I would go ...
- Orions Lofty Belt Stung, twice, not to stride upon the ...
- The Wag A symphony usher named Brute Was charging each man ...
- Smile Once Again If I could see your heart smile once again ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Alan Reed
White Gold - Kenya 1996
I stood there half broken and sated with tears
On burnt Ivory sticks made black over years
This was the site of just one battle
Slaughtered they were but unlike our cattle
Nairobi was said to have stunted the trade
What an awful spot this picture had made
Where the proboscides were herded
And all ultimately murdered
They screamed as they bled
Each driven nails in its head
Their faces scythed to pieces
Tusks torn out and it in no way ceases
CITES was created to protect the creature
Initially winning was its popular feature
Over one ...