Albino Pierro Poems
- 'A Terra D'U Ricorde S'i campène di Pasck su' paroue di ...
- The Funeral Before, if there was a funeral in town, the ...
- Among People Laughing Among people laughing, the day you ...
- Nu Jurne Nu jurne nun vi sapéra dice si nd'u munne facì ...
- U Mort Apprime, a lu paise, si cièrete nu mort, ...
- When? And yet I feel content and don't get tired of ...
- Who Knows Who knows. No doubt they were afraid to ...
Albino Pierro was an Italian poet. He was famous for his works in Lucan dialect, and being nominated for the Nobel Prize for Literature.
He was born in Tursi in the province of Matera. He had a very troubled childhood, his mother dying prematurely. His childhood was also characterized by a disease that often the sight forced him to live his days in the shadows:
When I was a child I stood in the corners of the rooms
and the dark little eyes
my stinging, red (and how) covered nettle.
They said the country
that I would become blind ...
As a teenager, after a period of frequent journeys, to Taranto, Salerno, Sulmona, Udine and Novara, he settled finally, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Albino Pierro
'A Terra D'U Ricorde
ch'è fatte nghiure
mò sta parleta
frisca di paise
'vinèse a què,