Alice Evans Poems
- The Price Of Lemonade One April evening I was thirsty, For ...
- Perspective I have heard again the talk of limiting the Bomb,...
- Oarsmen We skim a silken surface; And when the sheer swell ...
- Mozart And Beetahoven Two loves I've had for half my life - ...
- Late Autumn It's late November; My root cellar is ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Alice Evans
Mozart And Beetahoven
Two loves I've had for half my life -
Do I favor one? I'll name no names.
One of you is a diamond.
A rainbow blazes: green, blue, violet,
From; each prismatic sound.
So nicely do you please!
Surely perpetual light shines upon you
For you saw God's glory fill the earth and skies
And sang the holy hymn.
You, my other love, how fierce you are!
Your raging song rings down the heavens.
You storm your very Joy into the whirlwind
And you even shook your fist at God.
I like to think that when; you did,
He cast aside the handclasp of his ...