Allison Rose Poems
- The Gentleman Highwayman A man is judged by character And ...
- The Forgotten Song It’s not the road that matters, But the ...
- The Hidden Way It hurts to be alone when one Has surely lost...
- Out Of Death, Life (For the victims of misfortune everywhere)...
- Quoth The Westie Inspiration, stranger places, Shining eyes...
- Songs Of Old The songs of old, of us they told, Of brave ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Allison Rose
The Gentleman Highwayman
A man is judged by character
And not for guts alone, for
His virtue and his honesty
And courtly manners known.
I’ll tell you of a story now,
A tale, if truth be told, of
A gentleman of highwaymen,
A gallant scoundrel bold.
He loved the ladies fair, he did,
But ne’er one did he touch, for
He gave himself to one sweet lass
Whom he loved dearly much.
Katrina was her name, it was,
And yes, she loved him, too, oh
Her gentleman of highwaymen
Whose hart was always true.
He robbed the rich and kept their jewels
To wear upon his ...