Amber Toohey Poems
- Rorschach You do not know, nor love the chalky crevices and...
- 3: 28 Full moon moan escapes; darkness
- Coiled In the twilight of a sibilant heart spinning ...
- Saturn, With A Waning Moon Black majik filaments, sticky ...
- New Moon I am far too rooted in this world, concerned with ...
- Invocation Sibilant words dropp like coals from plaint ...
- Surreal Wide ache, awakened Stormgreen glass and smooth ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Amber Toohey
You do not know,
nor love the chalky crevices and dark knotholes of my cenotaphic soul,
coral polyp dissolved
beneath the drying bath of this polygamist sun-god;
a lone calcareous skeleton propped
in a corner,
spidersilked against crickety planks too far indoors to suckle dew.
And what of the cockroach-egg infested envelope glue,
imbedded on the underbelly
of my tongue,
waiting to hatch while sleeping
soft on the needles of refugees?
It's in the eye of the poppy seed.
In the sightless bell jar full of melting stones.