Amy Backus Poems
- Love Doesn'T Exist We embraced in a dream but that’s all it ...
- Swinging At Midnight I sit here in silence where it's so ...
- Second Star To The Right We dance through disaster and leave...
- Strengthened Hands With Weaken... A dry, brittle throat ...
- Pendulum Life is propped up textbooks and rug burned ...
Hey beauty supreme, you were right about me. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Amy Backus
Love Doesn'T Exist
We embraced in a dream
but that’s all it was.
I felt your kisses and your arms around me once more
and it felt so real.
Love is only enough in fiction.
I’m swimming through thoughts and emotions and
coming across fragments that feel so recondite to me.
It’s enough to drown in.
I loved you once.
When we were together,
my heart skipped beats like it was trying to savor
every last one.
We’re all slaves
and freedom lies in madness.
I’m bound by wanting more,
needing something I can’t find.
My fingers long to grasp this veiled ...