Anastasia Rhobolonskaya Poems
- The Patriarch's Prayer You have set their souls in my hands, ...
- Tune Of The Disspossesed If you meant me for a martyr, Why ...
- My Heart Lives Again My heart lives again, Awakening with a...
- The Lion's Weight A lion lay sleeping on my heart His bulk ...
- I Felt A Song I felt a song within my mind Vibrating through...
- A Fear Expressed Shadows creep Shadows lurk Shadows wildly ...
- I Believe I Should Like To Be ... I believe I should like...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Anastasia Rhobolonskaya
The Patriarch's Prayer
You have set their souls in my hands, Lord,
Given their faith to my keeping.
I am to shepherd them,
Lead them forward through spear and sword.
Have you never doubted me, Lord?
Am I truly worthy of such a role?
Do you trust me so, to never fear
That my human thought profane your word?
They turn to me in the darkness,
Seeing in me, you and your truth.
Elsewhere, men are broken.
Only in their past lives hopefulness.
Give to me your words for this man.
Help your people, o gracious Lord.
In the absence of you, we are nothing;