Andrew Prout IV
Andrew Prout IV Poems
- Off We Go... The two of us in the grass, lying back, 'Face ...
- Jealous, But Not For Station She laced the language with ...
- It All Started With An Ornery ... Flipping through channles ...
- Orphans 'I'm 20. That man fed me every day. This is my ...
- I Raced The Radio Mouth like a fist. Two bubbles above the ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Andrew Prout IV
Off We Go...
The two of us in the grass, lying back,
'Face to face with the sky.'
From this pinnacle to daylight's decline
Our hearts were as buoyant
As air, and calm.
Our voices, interwoven with each other,
As sonorous as song.
Our bodies couldn't have been
And beneath the blue scene
Of the sky, kissed in the distance
By the color green,
My thoughts fixed on your words.
How they pitter pattered around
Your pierced nose. Then the sound bounced
Without a trace of a nostril.
We were almost one, the two of us.
I can't explain.
No one ...