Anna Ballard Poems
- In Case We Don'T Last I have the scary feeling That we ...
- Her Slave Breathing stops, Heartbeat faults, Eyes glaze, ...
- It Hurts Me Too It hurts me too, you know. Every lie, ...
- She'Ll Sob The razor dances on her palm, Taunts her with ...
- Leave Me Be Leave me be. Don't try to wake me, Or save me,...
- Sometimes I Try Occasionally, I give living a chance. I try ...
- Because No One Really Likes Ea... Like misanthropes, we ...
I'm Anna. I live in Minnesota, USA. I write overly dramatic poetry, a lot of the time when I'm upset about something or that particular subject is on my mind. I'm always coated in black clothing, because of this, most people at my school are afraid to speak to me. (That, and i threaten to kill them...) You should speak to me, though. I'm actually fairly nice. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Anna Ballard
In Case We Don'T Last
I have the scary feeling
That we aren't going to last,
That all the memories and this happiness
Will be stuck long in the past.
So if you see me ten years from now,
Whether coffee shop or book store,
Don't speak to me.
I won't want you, I won't want more.
Don't, please don't remind me
Of all we've done together.
Don't remind me how we promised each other forever.
Don't tell me of the galleries you've recently opened,
Or ask how I've been.
Because, honestly dear,
I won't be able to answer, I fear.
You'll have ...