Anthony Marriner Poems
- Intimacy Lost The space creeps up, at first unseen, Where ...
- Myth Maker (Reworked) Framed in celluloid for the crime too;...
- American Sky (Reworked) Warm and dry Californian sky- That ...
- Staring @ The Sun - - Un Homma...
- Cloud Cover (Reworked) I don’t see myself in this. Waiting ...
Grew up in a mining community before leaving home at 17 and discovering that I was entitled to know the arts! Spent time working in London and Liverpool absorbing as I went along. Early 20s entered the criminal justice field: mad, bad, sad, evil and tormented are not just the preserve of an artist.
Utterly eclectic in my tastes in all things: -failed painter and backroom writer, so I make no ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Anthony Marriner
The space creeps up, at first unseen,
Where once the clasp of youth had grown.
Can love persist such distance obscene-
Or shall life proceed in monotone?
We each still crave love’s caress,
That maps our torrid union’s history.
But time has dulled erotic progress;
Complacency, robs passions mystery.
Frigid darkness chases light away,
As silent pain fills up the void.
Reaching out, can my hand stay-
Or will rejection’s answer lie with Freud?