Anthony O'Connor Poems
- Dolphin And Waterman Sitting on my east deck in the drizzling...
- The Woman You Are You used to tell me how glad you were, ...
- Owed To The Hero Some hear that they are all gone in days of ...
- Cross Country Winding, turning, rising and falling over vast...
- Son And Sun The sun, oh how it does shine brightly. The Son,...
Pen Name: Wayne Connor
Currently residing in Coastal NC
Retired U. S. Marine (20 years)
Married, (second) 3 daughters from previous marriage.
ages of my inspirations are 17,16, and 11.
I write poetry for the love of the written word and nothing more. The release of emotions that can saturate paper with words can also give release to those same emotions. Good or bad! more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Anthony O'Connor
Dolphin And Waterman
Sitting on my east deck in the drizzling rain,
listening over the dunes to the ocean roar.
Surf line running hard like a westbound train,
pounding its changing landscape for evermore.
Nearer to the railing drops bounce from my hand,
watching consistent sets gracefully peel into shape.
Rising up at a center to peak and crash to the land,
forming cylinders left and right to my visual gape.
Climbing to the rail, water disbursing at my feet
seeing a school of dolphins just inside the swell.
Racing swiftly parallel, in their emerald retreat
bounding and ...