Ben Gunn Poems
- Endgame I could not hurt you, try as I might, with words, ...
- In Memoriam It's like A death in the family - with neither ...
- By Way Of An Explanation... You don't get it, do you? I ...
- 3 Hours 57 Minutes... And as I have walked lifes path well ...
- Cold Light... As he sat, idly playing with the spoon in his ...
- 3 Hours...Reprint... And as I have walked lifes path well ...
- Live And Let...? Just live your life as you wish to, Please...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Ben Gunn
I could not hurt you, try as I might,
with words, inflection, impotent spite,
for pain not borne by lips that say,
is cut by reason then ripped away.
I would not hurt you by dereliction,
of duty, nor tarnished by false attrition,
What sleeps shining shall not awaken,
it binds my true faith never shaken.
Silence and dignity, respect for the gift,
the only defender long since cut adrift,
The purpose forgotten, the conclusion foregone,
You cannot replace