Ben Owens Poems
- Before The Postman Calls At the table I sit drinking my ...
- A Lonely Vacuum In the corner of a messy room stood tall, a ...
- Still We Stroll In reality beauty is seen and ...
- The Nights That Daddy Cried Christine's nights of '96 kept ...
- Lucifer Doesn'T Hug Until He N... Pipe smoke was all ...
My name is Ben Owens and I am an extremely amateur writer after a home to house my poems. I hope that you enjoy them and I would love any constructive criticism you can offer me. Always aching to improve on my craft. Thank you. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Ben Owens
The Nights That Daddy Cried
Christine's nights of '96
kept her mind off
the horror of the
boogeyman, but still kept her awake
Her bed was as soft as a
cloud and her room
cast no shadows.
Nor did any board squeak under her weight
The toys in the corner stared
softly and guarded her
tea party table from
the lesser loved dolls that craved imaginary tea cakes.
Every night just made Christine
restless as plates played
frisbee, whilst Mummy
drank juice and shouted for daddy to 'let go for Christ's sake! It's only one drink more.'
In '97 mummy didn't come ...