Bill Scovell Poems
- A Nurse's Prayer Snug beneath three dermis layers, Lies the...
- Advice To A Grand Daughter Poetic advice to a grand daughter ...
- Mile High Musings A luckless captive in the sky, Suspended ...
- The Agony Of Supermarket Shopp... 'Go round again dear' comes...
- Antipodean Christmas Though calendars still read the same, ...
- Thoughts In Autumn The leaves of Autumn, fallen now, Yet ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Bill Scovell
A Nurse's Prayer
Snug beneath three dermis layers,
Lies the vein I have in sight,
Hiding shyly 'neath its cover,
Unknowing of the needle's bite.
Please be straight not convoluted,
Accept the needle's phallic thrust,
Don't give me grief or agravation,
Help me maintain the victim's trust.
Just another 'intravenous',
Like those before? Perhaps, not quite,
Cooperate dear vein and help me,
Mitigate this patient's plight.
Raise my spirits to 'ecstatic',
Singing praises 'Hippocratic',
Let today's procedure's juncture,
Culminate with just one ...