Bob Chapel Poems
- Reader's Digest Who am I? I am an invisible man. Down to the...
- The Pest Rats walk away from the cultures of the plague, ...
- Vermeer's Woman In Blue Readin...
- Pro Patria Mori Human nature forged by a million years of ...
- Noah ... and he drank of the wine, and ...
- Lament I think that I shall never write A poem lovely as a ...
- I Ain'T Him! Dedicated to Prof. Bob Chapel, Univ. of ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Bob Chapel
Who am I? I am an invisible man.
Down to the last day, even the last hour now,
I'm an old man, lonely and unloved,
sick and hurting and tired of living.
The time of my end approaches.
Hot dog! Heaven be praised for that!
Shall I begin in the beginning?
Ours is essentially a tragic age,
so we refuse to take it tragically.
The World had teeth, and it could bite
you with them any time it wanted.
It happens to millions.
If you want to know the truth -
it just about kills me
to go over the whole thing.
Glory, as anyone knows, is bitter ...