... Caliban Poems
- Perfect Love Perfect love is white marble. It is pure, it...
- Bird Watching Sweet as air at soft day's dawning. Light as ...
- Cat And Mouse Cat by the mouse hole, With patience and ...
- Eight For Dinner Tonight Over the table once again, I felt ...
- Mars On Christianity Once war clouds grew at my behest, A ...
- Incident She was cool and beautiful, sleek as a cat. Her ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about ... Caliban
Mars On Christianity
Once war clouds grew at my behest,
A thousand died at my mere gesture
Kings trembled if they spied my crest,
And counted out their days of tenure.
But that was long ago my sweet,
I felt the touch of conquering time,
A child spat upon me in the street,
And paid expensive for her crime.
But even as I heard her screams
My pleasure was... diminished,
An echo of my darkest dreams
Power in the human kind unleashed.
And now once mighty Mars must lie,
Beneath the soft and gentle yoke
A Lamb now holds my arching sky.
And poison love ...