Callisse J. DeTerre
Callisse J. DeTerre Poems
- To What Degree Of Mania Driving past a six-car pile-up, I see...
- On One Thief I Wait [reflecting on Psalm 49: 4-9, Matt 24: ...
- With Holes My memories are blue jeans, faded and fraying in...
- Like Vultures Quacknammering fools sitting on the ...
- Siva Om I wish I had my mind in the body of a ...
- Now She Understood Her She wanted healing for them ...
- His Mother I see how it surfaced - her festering desire to ...
I was awarded a college scholarship for writing and won top honors for poetry contests in high school and college. Until this year,2010, I have not since shared my writing publicly. My first poem was published in a school newsletter at age 7. Around age 13, I started to journal in the form of poetry on a fairly regular basis. Years later, the thematic ebb and flow of my writing helped me to see ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Callisse J. DeTerre
To What Degree Of Mania
Driving past a six-car pile-up, I see more
Beautiful colors intertwined,
the music of sirens and horns harmonized
To what should I attribute this latest masterpiece?
My brain gave me the third,
I could find no better answer
That degree deserves more laud than magna cum.
When the temp's not much past 78 or below 49, I can’t create
Mild weather is a minor muse
It's a beautiful Autumn eve, don't you think?
I’ve put it all together, framed it just right
but haven’t yet put it on display
Give credit where it's due, completely hypo
But magnificence one ...