Can Yücel Poems
- The Song Of A Lizzard Perhaps Perhaps I was a bit of a ...
- Poem x Those cavalry lights riding by the chestnuts woke the...
- Baskalasma Oyunbozan bir akşamın altında, Elinde bir yoyo ...
- The Wall Of Love Was it you or your loneliness In the blind ...
- The Mediterranean is in harmon...
- Leaf Fall Those leaves that turned red before they yellowed ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Can Yücel
The Song Of A Lizzard Perhaps
Perhaps I was a bit of a lizzard
in the wake of a ruined rain,
Perhaps I was the ugly side of the beautiful
or the handsomest of all things ugly.
If the sun's shadow could have run green,
I would have been the fastest viridian
sprinting in my mother's tadpole races.
Was I fork, was I knife, was my edge sharp enough;
out of a thousand excuses I moulded myself..
A restless boy, easy in his coming easy in his going
I was a fretting nest of festering fits
And perhaps I had trouble written on my every fingertip.
Burgled policemen blow their ...