Candice James Poems
- The Pink Velvet Door The rain drizzles down, Soft and ...
- Dying Of Love © Candice James Poet Laureate Emerita, City ...
- Sharma Lon © Candice James I dreamed of a mystical land in...
- Blue Dahlias © Candice James Poet Laureate Emerita, City of...
- Crab Cakes And Jazz © Candice James Those sparkling lusty...
- A Curious Mix A lazy Saturday afternoon, Driving down West ...
- This Eve This Eve © 2012 Candice James What shall we ...
Candice James, a professional writer, poet, visual artist, musician, singer/songwriter, workshop facilitator and book reviewer for Canadian Poetry Review and Pacific Rim Review of Books, completed her 2nd three year term as Poet Laureate of The City of New Westminster, BC CANADA in June 2016 and was appointed Poet Laureate Emerita in November 2016. Her credentials are: Board Advisor to Royal City Literary Arts Society; Director of the Pacific Festival of the Book; Founder of: Poetry New Westminster; Poetry In The Park; Poetic Justice, Slam Central and Roya City Literary Arts Society; Past President of Royal City Literary Arts Society; Past President of the Federation of British Columbia ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Pink Velvet Door
The rain drizzles down,
Soft and sun-kissed
Falling lazily through a sacrosanct sunbeam
In a hazy opalescent mist,
A tarnished key, a pink velvet door
Unsullied and untouched by time.
There is no past, no present, no future.
There is only this moment,
This ever present, yet ever elusive now.
I step onto a wave of plush ivory carpet
Cresting and ebbing under my feet.
Alive with sunsets, moonbeams,
Stardust and dreams.
Over in the corner,
A piano whispers,
A ghostly movement catches my eye.
The pungent scent of ...