Candis Johnson Poems
- Then There Was Harlem I mourn you Though, I never knew ...
- An Ode To The Loss Boys (Trayv...
- Unmitigated Blues Poetry is my song and dance When I don’t ...
- Nocturnal Poetry seems to be falling asleep Right at the ...
- Dissonance I'm fighting with myself Words just won't ...
- Apart From Inspiration Miss Mary Mack God, wants you to take...
- Images Don’t believe what you see It is all an illusion ...
Currently a graduate student at Ashford University! My life long goal is to become an author/ director/playwright/Business woman.... the list goes on and on. I hope that you all appreciate the works I choose to share with you. Plz feel free to follow me on Instagram @_sil3ntecho_ as well as on twitter at @_harlems_child I hope all who read my work get something from it. To own my writings, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Candis Johnson
Then There Was Harlem
I mourn you
Though, I never knew you
I’m part of you but we’ve never met
I love you, but
You’re merely a distant reverie
Black boys and black girls
Who, eventually became black men and women
They are my family but we’ve never met
I won’t say we’re estranged
Time just gave them different names
The family I’m talking about
You might remember
Claude and Langston
Zora and Jessie Redmon
I never knew them but
They birthed me
A dream deferred
That will never be me
We are family
Zora, Langston, Jessie, Claude and me
They gave ...