Cecil Lees Poems
- Courage. What is courage, is it hard to say That a man may ...
- Hop Picking 1941 In fruitful reds and floral gold the church ...
- The Village Inn There is an Inn in, the village square, ...
- A Poem For Oliver People say that memories are golden And ...
- The Elm Tree Cut Down In Novem... The tree that stood ...
- “big Head” Never treat others with scorn Your’e only here ...
- Cats Of all the animals on earth. I wonder really what your ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Cecil Lees
What is courage, is it hard to say
That a man may give his life away
It could be friend or maybe foe
But impartial courage he will show.
The chronic sick bearing endless pain
Knowing they will never be well again.
The blindman searching for his sight
Not knowing the difference between day and night,
But never complaining or making a fuss
But doing his best to be one of us.
The boatman will challenge the mighty sea,
On a night of terror to set men free.
The fireman, fighting fire after fire,
His courage never seems to tire
But to him it’s a job to be...