Charles Sedley Poems
- To Celia Not, Celia, that I juster am, Or better than the ...
- The Knotting Song "Hears not my Phyllis how the birds Their...
- To Cloris Cloris, I cannot say your eyes Did my unwary ...
- Song Ah, Chloris, that I now could sit As unconcerned as ...
- Phyllis Is My Only Joy Phyllis is my only joy, Faithless as ...
- Love Still Has Something Of Th... Love still has something ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Charles Sedley
Phyllis Is My Only Joy
Phyllis is my only joy,
Faithless as the winds or seas;
Sometimes coming, sometimes coy,
Yet she never fails to please;
If with a frown
I am cast down,
Makes me happier than before.
Though, alas! too late I find
Nothing can her fancy fix,
Yet the moment she is kind
I forgive her all her tricks;
Which, though I see,
I can't get free;
What need lovers wish for more?