Charley Powell Poems
- Here Be Darkness Here be darkness Where the soul wallows ...
- Nearly Asleep Poem I lie in a pool of thoughts That seep ...
- The Impostor These aren't tears glistening on my eyelashes ...
- Glory Days She comes in at a quarter to one that night, A ...
- Life-Song This world is breaking out, pulling loose Snapping...
- R.I.P I visited the graveyard one cold winter's day To ...
I'm 16, I've been writing all my life, and I just wanted a chance to see what other people thought of some of my poems. I prefer doing short stories though. Most of the poems I've chosen to put on this site sound quite depressing - sorry about that, I didn't plan it. I live in the Fens in the East of England and I'm about to start doing A-levels at sixth form... and that's about it. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Charley Powell
This world is breaking out, pulling loose
Snapping free the bonds of daily existence
Making way for the new to arrive and arise,
To burst upon us like the great foaming wave
Of life, of love, of beginnings and endings.
Trees are blossoming backwards, petals
Leaping from the ground to re-adorn their broken twigs,
And now the sap rises sweet in old wooden veins
As branches rustle and stretch strong for the beaming sun.
Birds are swooping round in loops - forgetting,
In all the fervour, how to flap straight.
Owls blink at the blazing sun, forget darkness; ...