Charlotte Elliott Poems
- Jesus, My Savior, Look On Me, Jesus, my Savior, look on ...
- Christian, Seek Not Yet Repose... Christian, seek not yet ...
- O Holy Saviour, Friend Unseen, O Holy Saviour, Friend ...
- Just As I Am Just as I am, without one plea, But that Thy ...
- My God And Father! While I Str... My God and Father! while I ...
Charlotte Elliott (March 18, 1789 – September 22, 1871) was an English poet and hymn writer.
Charlotte was the daughter of Charles Elliott, a silk merchant and his wife, Eling Venn who married at Yelling on 20 December 1785.
Eling Venn was the daughter of Rev. Henry Venn of the Clapham Sect and Eling Bishop and her brother was John Venn.
Charlotte's siblings were ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Charlotte Elliott
Jesus, My Savior, Look On Me,
Jesus, my Savior, look on me,
For I am weary and oppressed;
I come to cast myself on Thee:
Thou art my Rest.
Look down on me, for I am weak;
I feel the toilsome journeyâ€™s length;
Thine aid omnipotent I seek:
Thou art my Strength.
I am bewildered on my way,
Dark and tempestuous is the night;
O send Thou forth some cheering ray:
Thou art my Light.
I hear the storms around me rise;
But when I dread thâ€™impending shock,
My spirit to the Refuge flies:
Thou art my Rock.
Standing alone on Jordanâ€™s brink,
In that tremendous latest...