- Mosquitoes And Blackflies Where do we draw the line between ...
- Nocturnes All night, insects and pipers sing in the marshes, ...
- Spring Songs On the dirt road along the pond, Several ...
- A Silk Moth's Heaven For the drunken giant silk moths that ...
- And What If We Were All Gods? What if our dreams became ...
- State Tensions Half-human, half-post industrial, she has lost...
- Writing Against Dying... This futile servitude, ...
I'm alive and I live in Cabot, VT. I practice gardening to attach
myself to the earth and to the birds and green eaters, run two farm houses and teach English Composition at high school. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Chi
All night, insects and pipers sing in the marshes,
and the little wet ponds in the woods.
They sing, as if the night wouldn't be night
without their songs.
Often, I have wondered if they sing for comfort
against the dreadful tentacles that find their way
in the dark molecules of impalpable night;
to attract the opposite sex, to mate, to procreate,
to write against the night; or simply, for the sake of song,
I wonder why humans sleep at night.
I wonder if there are songs too under the ocean floor