Chris Wrzesien Poems
- God Of The Ants I am watching an army of ants pick apart the...
- Mother I'd rather look to the sky for answers - she watches ...
- Divine Highway The window woke me this morning, wanting to ...
- My Thoughts, Your Thoughts When I sit with my back straight ...
- Merlin I sat backward in the van today seats so cluttered ...
- To Carry On The Word Of My Old...
I'm taking a few months off of college to see the world and hopefully leave boyhood behind. It's called my Summer of Man-a-morphosis. So far I'm working as a handyman apprentice with my uncle, and am hoping to work on some farms in a few months. I like guitar, bikes, blueberries, and girls with red hair. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Chris Wrzesien
God Of The Ants
I am watching an army of ants
pick apart the crust of my bread
(which is fine, because I was done eating,
and there wasn't enough butter on the crust anyway) ,
and I silently take a sip of my tea,
hoping not to disturb my guests
during this generous lunch party.
After all, I'm kind of a divine overseer by now.
I give the gift of bready life,
then I sit on my wicker chair and observe,
feet off of the ground
so that I am no longer a part of their world.
But it's not really a wicker chair.
It's actually a golden throne.
A throne for the God ...