christine mcCherry Poems
- I Hardly Thought Of Him Today I hardly thought of him ...
- Someone Else Who would I really like to be If I was someone ...
- Do Not Cry For Me Do not cry for me, my love For I am truly ...
- City Lines There is a magic hour before the dawn When the ...
- It's Then I get up each morning to face a new day People ...
- Wee Babbie Wee Babbie Eh, little babbie, tha’s a bonnie wee ...
- Welcome, Little Prince. Every birth of every child Should ...
I attended Blackamoor Open Air school as a child. I felt my education was incomplete and took a college course in later life where I gained a GCE grade A in English lit and language. I then took an NVQ course in creative writing.
I am a member of various writing groups including The Lancashire Authors based in Chorley and Blackpool writers. I am a widow and have three grown up children and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about christine mcCherry
I Hardly Thought Of Him Today
I hardly thought of him today
Well, when I woke I have to say
I might have thought of him just then.
I must admit it's so that when
Through rain, or sun or winter snow,
From North or South the winds that blow
Bring fleeting memories, now long past,
But given time they will not last.
When Autumn leaves from dead trees fall
I hardly think of him at all.
Just when the nights grow dark and cold,
I miss his warmth, if truth be told
Forgive me for I have to say
I hardly thought of him today!