Connie Marcum Wong
Connie Marcum Wong Poems
- Pele, Goddess Of Fire Pele's volcanic lava glows In the ...
- First Snow (Haibun) Our cold crisp air augurs an early snow ...
- Inspiration I never knew I’d be in heaven In the autumn of ...
- Ode To Nature Oh giver of life, you glorious Sun, You ...
- Erin Go Bragh At Ben Bulben’s feet Sligo stands The home of ...
- Ballet Is Poetry Ballet is poetry... And both share in The ...
- Clouds Merge With Lotus (Haik...
Connie continues to be the Web Mistress of a private poetry forum “Poetry for Thought” since October 1999. Her poetry has been in many publications, anthologies, magazines, and e-zines over the years.
She published her first poetry chapbook’ Island Creations’ in 2005:
In 2007 ‘Heart Blossoms’ was ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Connie Marcum Wong
Pele, Goddess Of Fire
Pele's volcanic lava glows
In the evening’s twilight hour
With passion filled desire
Surging with her power.
She triumphs over man
As she adds unto the land.
Apathetic, she reaches out to claim
Those who dare touch her fiery hand.
Gracefully she moves, quietly she creeps
On her burning path toward the sea.
Wanting, all she covers she keeps...
Pele's steamy kisses are saved for the sea.
Sorrow has followed Pele
All throughout her years.
She leaves behind her sadness
In her tiny ebony tears.
Her majesty and wonder
Leave me ...