Cornelia Ceilings Poems
- Ode To A Simple Meal Blest be the loaves Which gave thee ...
- The Broken Shoulder Soporific, transient images float; the ...
- The Unfortunate Beak What are you to do when you see a dead ...
- Everyone Loves Reay Reay Reay is a ray of sunshine in our ...
- The Purple Cast A breath is not a word A whisper is not a ...
Brought up in a secluded village, this poet had alot of time with her own thoughts. She grew suicidal in her teenage years, hence the taste of nihilism in her poetry. The lucid images often come from her childhood nightmares, which were bloody and generally murderous. She graduated from the University of Witwaterstrand in South Africs with a PhD in Tribal Religious Studies. This came after her ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Cornelia Ceilings
Ode To A Simple Meal
Blest be the loaves
Which gave thee sight to hear
My song of culinary magnificence.
Oh balsamic jus!
Drenching the prosciutto
And its latticed asparagus spears
With its bittersweet inky viscosity.
Oh porcine portion!
Pungent with odours of the gorgeous East;
Herbs aromatique de Provence
And menthe...that je ne sais quoi!
Oh lemon pie, thou torte of tarty tingles
Dancing like a thousand giraffes
Through my buds of taste -
Pirhouette on your gravelly base.
Oh chesse, oh kase, oh fromagerie!
Flavoured lard I sing my praise ...