Cornelius Eady Poems
- I'M A Fool To Love You Some folks will tell you the blues is ...
- Crows in a Strong Wind Off go the crows from the roof. ...
- Nina's Blues Your body, hard vowels In a soft dress, is ...
- Charlie Chaplin Impersonates a... The stage is set for ...
- A Small Moment I walk into the bakery next door To my ...
- Poet Dances with Inanimate Obj... The umbrella, in this case;...
- Photo of Miles Davis at Lennie...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Cornelius Eady
I'M A Fool To Love You
Some folks will tell you the blues is a woman,
Some type of supernatural creature.
My mother would tell you, if she could,
About her life with my father,
A strange and sometimes cruel gentleman.
She would tell you about the choices
A young black woman faces.
Is falling in love with some man
A deal with the devil
In blue terms, the tongue we use
When we don't want nuance
To get in the way,
When we need to talk straight.
My mother chooses my father
After choosing a man
Who was, as we sing it,
Of no account.
This man made my father look ...