Criss Jami Poems
- Battery, Electric Personality I don't know whether to ...
- Code Red (Army Of Gods) She was intelligent enough not to ...
- Cel-Shaded Gold I forgot how to write My God it's not ...
- Mobile Why'd I hide it Yeah that kind of riot When you sigh...
- Sgt. Griffin A sorte protege os audazes Yes a sergeant rode ...
- Certifiable Kiss I have enough time Yes 'cause love's alive ...
- Shell From Sawed-Off I'm aware that They'll dare me to ...
Criss Jami (born Christopher James Gilbert) is an American poet, essayist, and existentialist philosopher. He is best known as the author of Healology, Killosophy, Diotima, Battery, Electric Personality, Venus in Arms, and Salomé: In Every Inch In Every Mile.
Criss Jami began writing song lyrics at the age of 11. He attended a private school prior to being home-schooled and later transferred to a public school where he often wrote poems and voluntarily submitted them with school assignments. In 2005, Jami moved to Fairfax, Virginia as a philosophy student at George Mason University and became highly influenced by the writings of existentialist philosopher Søren Kierkegaard and... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Criss Jami
Battery, Electric Personality
I don't know whether to consider it considerate or prideful
But I'd rather roll in coals and coil my soul with a barbed wire one-eyed cobra
Just to show you that
My emotion for you is
Nothing more than a-
Nother fortress I've
Built up just enough to save you from
From time to time
I once wondered how one wanders from time to time
And think up the paradox line
Speak of Epoch's crime
Oh I lied, it hasn't happened yet
But bet you better believe it's such a habit that
I just said that in a past mindset
Oh darling don't...