Cyrus Mahan Poems
- I Was Once A Poet I was once a poet I was once a poet, ...
- Death By Stoning South An old cemetery Of Jews and ...
- A New Flag Is Declared A new Flag is Declared In the dusk of...
- Poetry, Blood And Cyanide Poetry, blood and cyanide By Cyrus...
- We Will Descend, The City Is N... This night is not going ...
- Shingles And Walls It was late into the dusk They called ...
- A Chair The country is Iran The region is south The death ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Cyrus Mahan
I Was Once A Poet
I was once a poet
I was once a poet,
In a far faraway land.
My people were imbibe my poems
They were telling me:
It cures depression
It is against oppression.
It is a bullet in the heart of repression
I was once a poet.
But you know how things are there;
In my land
If you are a poet
They will come for you
If you are not a poet
They will make you a poet
They beat you till you confess you are a poet
Being a poet is dangerous sphere my dear
But if you are a poet
Don’t say you are a poet