Damian Patterson Poems
- Bitter Words With Myself I sit across myself in the ...
- 4am At Work Half Hearted Half conscience Lurking in the ...
- Children Of The Gods Long ago while the mortals slept Gods ...
- Sons & Fathers As he sleeps I stare into his face. So much ...
- Poor Henry Sorrow swept across her face As the reality sets...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Damian Patterson
Sons & Fathers
As he sleeps I stare into his face.
So much like my own except the absence.
Missing the years of guilt and pain
Minus wear & tear that my face parades
With the lackluster of fallen pride.
Void of sorrows & trials, missing the scars.
His face is that of an angels
Mine might have been the same
Some years past before life had hindered it.
He needs to be better than me
Stronger, brighter & improved.
Ever climbing higher, surpassing
Me, his Mother, & all those he holds dear.
Is it fair to have high expectations?
Is it wrong to wish for your child