Daniel Ionita Poems
- My Destinies Like with all of us, I was portioned a few ...
- I Throw Away The Seconds, The ...
- Like Lilies On The Grave Like lilies on a grave, a dream in ...
- Lewd Romance A mighty gladiator of this life, I carry ...
- Flighty Calligraphy My words stick to you and I cannot strip ...
- A Passing Moment Her fate was hanging over her head like the ...
- Devoid Of Words Your star dance is sparkling the edge of ...
Has recently translated and published the first comprehensive anthology of modern Romanian verse in English, covering the period from 1850 to the present (2012) , and including 56 poets and over 75 poems.
Born in Bucharest, Romania, migrated to New Zealand at 20 years of age in 1980, and then onto Australia. Lives in Sydney. After a career in Organisational Change and Improvement, over the last few years has decided to return to his 'first love', poetry. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Daniel Ionita
Like with all of us,
I was portioned a few destinies,
crammed one into the other
according to some arcane
previously approved decisions.
These days I vaguely remember them.
In one of them
I was selling happiness to some tourists -
I was selling it as if it was some fairy-floss
from which they would take one bite,
and then throw it into the next rubbish bin.
In another one
I was some nocturnal clown
with long work experience
for the amusement of your body.
Then, from time to time
I would suddenly transform into a chubby Father ...