Daphne Grant Poems
- To My Teacher To my teacher who’s noble worth I do escrue, ...
- Yellow A little touch of colour More delicate than a ...
- January Blues In January's cold gloom When shiver we must, ...
- Above The Town Oft did I wander as a child On the hills ...
- Christmas Lights Across the gulf of gardens Your Christmas ...
- The Old Oak Tree. I cannot bear this summer heat I'll go out...
- Seagull Down the steps against he wall A mass of glory all ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Daphne Grant
To My Teacher
To my teacher who’s noble worth I do escrue,
Such honour worthy men bestow,
To learning, and desire for truth.
To noble thought, and knowledge to impart,
The secrets of the writer’s art.
Hard learning and experience show,
Much oft how well such men are made,
For though we think ‘tis easy at the start,
Learning of a lifetime little seems
When our sweet poems come apart
And so unravel at the seams.
And when our tales some deficits do show,
How kindly does our teacher tell us so.
And so good class of earnest souls,
That winkle out good knowledge ...