David Baker Poems
- Patriotics Yesterday a little girl got slapped to death by ...
- Mongrel Heart Up the dog bounds to the window, baying ...
- The Truth about Small Towns 1. THE TRUTH ABOUT SMALL ...
- Pulp Fiction You want more? You want some more of this ...
- Murder Language must suffice. Years ago, ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about David Baker
Yesterday a little girl got slapped to death by her daddy,
out of work, alcoholic, and estranged two towns down river.
America, it's hard to get your attention politely.
America, the beautiful night is about to blow up
and the cop who brought the man down with a shot to the chops
is shaking hands, dribbling chaw across his sweaty shirt,
and pointing cars across the courthouse grass to park.
It's the Big One one more time, July the 4th,
our country's perfect holiday, so direct a metaphor for war,
we shoot off bombs, launch rockets from Drano ...