David C Probst
David C Probst Poems
- Via Podiensis Step by step I climb the steep ascent, ...
- Prelude It's that time of year again When trees flare up, ...
- Awakening Tenderly, cautiously, I dip my thirsty toes, Then...
- The Pirate Each day he does his walk along the shore, Each ...
- New Year's Eve Waves washing rocks of sore memories in futile...
- Encounter A breeze Whirling through the streets, Engulfing...
- Paris I've come here to find and pick up the flowers Of ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about David C Probst
Step by step I climb the steep ascent,
Panting, sweating, longing for some rest.
Feet that hurt and eyes that scrutinize
Every inch of stone I tread across.
Pilgrims' traces grace the worn-out path:
Crumbling cairns rebuilt continuously,
Names and crosses carved in dateless beams -
Hopeful messages addressed to God.
Who am I to walk so carelessly,
Gracelessly along this sacred path?
Where's my faith, my awe, my humbleness?
What has made me so insensible?
Crucifixes are religious art,
Shells but lovely souvenirs to me.