David MacDonald Ross
David MacDonald Ross Poems
- The Dreamer WHO seeks the shore where dreams outpour ...
- Autumn When, with low moanings on the distant shore, ...
- Love's Treasure House I went to Love's old treasure house ...
- The Sea To The Shell The sea, my mother, is singing to me, ...
- The Silent Tide I heard Old Ocean raise her voice and cry, ...
- The Watch On Deck Becalmed upon the equatorial seas, ...
David MacDonald Ross was an Australian poet of the 19th century. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about David MacDonald Ross
WHO seeks the shore where dreams outpour
Their floods in Slumber Seas
Lives all night long within a song
Of murmuring mysteries.
Where stars are lit above the pit
That holds the hollow dark,
Into their dawn he shall sail on
In an enchanted barque.
He shall not fear tho’ in his ear
The thrusting cranks of Time,
Thro’ blaze and gloom, with crash and boom,
Ring in tremendous rhyme,
Beyond the cloud that doth enshroud
Saturn with beauteous bands,
Where at the knees of Hyades...