David Olusegun Agbaje
David Olusegun Agbaje Poems
- Edward Gone Bedward When I asked of my friend, Edward, I ...
- I Am A Nigerian Whenever I meet you, Wherever you meet me, ...
- If You Pray If You Pray You will be ...
- Press On! Press on! Press on! Press on! The...
- Manifold Blessings If you are busy being kind, You won't ...
- Flickering Flickering Firefly Flickering flickering firefly, ...
Ph.D. (English) - University of Port-harcourt, Port-Harcourt, Nigeria.
Lecturer 1, Ondo State Polyttechnic, Owo, Nigeria,1982 - 1992.
Assistant Comptroller-General of Customs, Nigeria Customs Service,1992 - date.
Several local and international awards for integrity, distinction, outstanding leadership and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about David Olusegun Agbaje
Edward Gone Bedward
When I asked of my friend, Edward,
I learnt he had gone bedward,
For worrying so much about his truck, 'Bedford',
Which could no longer move forward.
Then I hurried to the males' ward
Where on a white bed I met my dear Edward,
I stretched my healing hands forward
To raise his head turned backward.
I told him to pray and not to worry
For worrying people are not very godly
As they deny God's power to carry
Whatever the cause of their worry.
Perhaps, my words lighted his heart
Like a flood light on a stage in the dark
For a smile lighted ...