David Shapiro Poems
- Poem For You I am jealous of the sand beneath you around ...
- Tattoo for Gina Some see a dove And think Pigeon Others see...
- Poem The trees have sex, Teach, Focus. Tohu Bohu Chaos in...
- An Owl (in Memory of Gil) Owl small be enough The child ...
- In the Other Pocket Dust Sisyphus had a bad back. Why? Well,...
- Gratuitous Oranges There are those who feed only on ...
- Gold and Cardboard 1. My son said Daddy are there words ...
David Shapiro (born January 2, 1947) is an American poet, literary critic, and art historian. He has written some twenty volumes of poetry, literary, and art criticism. He was first published at the age of thirteen, and his first book was published when he was just eighteen.
Born in Newark, New Jersey, Shapiro grew up in Newark and attended Weequahic High School before matriculating at ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about David Shapiro
Poem For You
I am jealous of the sand
what you see
bright things erased lady
sparkling and traveling without luggage
you are tattooed on my back music
I too grew up in
the soft hands
of the gods
and a little donkey will lead them
Tears, tears, and I know
just what they mean
honeysuckles at night
I wrote this poem for you and haven't lost it