Derek Bissonette Poems
- The Camp It had taken so long to get there The train was ...
- That Smile I was in love once upon a time With a blonde ...
- Ned Ned was a tall and handsome boy. When he lost his ...
- Ride To Death The water sloshes over the side of the ...
- Midnight's Light In deep depression, I sit alone Grieving ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Derek Bissonette
Ride To Death
The water sloshes over the side of the boat
Around bombs land and bullets wiz over head
Nerves finally gets to the men and some vomit
The driver yells '15 minutes' as the boat grinds on
The men look uneasy, helmets on and rifles by their sides
A couple men kiss the cross around their necks
It's almost time. Everyone tenses up. Clicks and gears.
The door opens, and a blinding light extinguishes all life.