Derrick Puente Poems
- The Bell Jar Distortion descends in this fatal ...
- China Your silence impervious What good do tears or ...
- Returned He forced it on himself, like prejudice Year by ...
- By The Light Of The Moon The moon stands in its own milky ...
- Like A Dream At your last Reich At the meridians seams You ...
- The Mercy Fields To drown in a sea of forgiveness Or with ...
- Wayward Things When fire denies it flames It prefers to ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Derrick Puente
The Bell Jar
Distortion descends in this fatal haven
Palpable as an irreverent dream
Wisdom supreme, electric it seems
Go on then, I shall quote the raven
The dykes broke and the darkness seized
Like a lover who knows to descend
When ungovernable truth, deadens the roots
Masking itself artlessly
Lady Lazarus sleeps in a landscape of snow
Bland and stopped as a dead baby sleeping
Ariel's plea, under the mirror-like sea
Lies behind the stores of the past
The vulnerable are always with us,
In their acres of misgivings and doubts
Partial to rain, the ...