Diane Shishido Poems
- Missed Meanings It’s okay, We can breathe separately ...
- The Words Of Trees The leaves on the ground lay motionless, ...
- Prayer For A Daughter Would I to walk away from all that I ...
- My Lovefor You Spit gravel Toss rocks
- Streambed I am the water that Flows through and Around ...
- My Will I hand it over. If it is good day, I won’t take it...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Diane Shishido
We can breathe separately today.
Yesterday’s breath turned into a roar, starting
Someplace underneath the fascia that
Connects you to me.
It began as a low rumble, something that
Escaped our notice.
It inched it’s way
Up and over,
Lifting us up
Off of the ground
In its long fingers
Of missed meanings.
Pushing us up towards the ceiling,
It held us there,
Before the exhale came,
- And we fell.